Equistone Partners Europe acquires EuroAvionics Holding GmbH
Funds managed by Equistone Partners Europe Limited (“Equistone”) have acquired a majority stake in EuroAvionics Holding GmbH (“the Company”) from Varde Investments Ireland Ltd. for an undisclosed sum.
- Funds managed by Equistone Partners Europe Limited acquire majority stake in market leading manufacturer of "Special Mission" and "Situational Awareness Systems" for aircraft
- Investment to support international expansion through organic and acquisitive growth
EuroAvionics is a world-leading manufacturer of civil certified avionics systems for helicopters and airplanes. Following the transaction, Equistone will hold 84% of the Company’s shares with the management team owning the remaining 16% of the holding Company. Equistone’s investment will support the Company in driving forward the Company’s international expansion through organic and acquisitive growth.
EuroAvionics was founded in 1993 near Stuttgart. Since then, the Company has evolved to become an advanced aerospace supplier with 42 employees and an international network of partners. The international team, based in Pforzheim, designs, develops and produces customized high-end avionics systems for well-established aviation companies.
These high-specification systems are used predominantly by professional operators engaged in air rescue, reconnaissance, fire fighting and police services.
“EuroAvionics develops tailor-made high-end systems to meet the needs of discerning customers worldwide. Equistone is committed to further building on EuroAvionics’ strong positioning in order to drive forward the Company’s international expansion plans and continue to develop its strong market position as a supplier to the helicopter, fixed-wing and after-sales sectors,” commented Peter Hammermann, Managing Director of Equistone Partners Europe.
“EuroAvionics already enjoys an excellent and competitive position in an attractive market. We are confident that the avionics systems provided by EuroAvionics will become standard equipment for aircraft operators in the future,” added Alexis Milkovic, Investment Manager at Equistone Partners Europe.
Sven Bogner, Managing Director of EuroAvionics explained his perspective on the transaction: “I am delighted that in Equistone, we have found an investor who will support our international growth strategy in the years to come and help us to use our production site in Pforzheim as a foundation for further expansion”.
Equistone directors responsible for the transaction are Dr. Peter Hammermann and Alexis Milkovic. Equistone Partners Europe was advised during this transaction by Pöllath + Partners, KPMG, Codex Partners, Hauck & Aufhäuser and Ashurst.
- Agnès Catineau/Aurélia de Lapeyrouse
- Tel: +33 (0)1 53 96 83 83
- E-Mail Brunswick
ALLEMAGNE / SUISSE /
Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam
- IWK Communication Partner
- Ira Wülfing / Florian Bergmann
- Tel: +49 (0)89 2000 30 30
- E-Mail IWK
- Hawthorn Advisors
- James Davey / Daniel Thomas / Stephen Atkinson
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3745 4960
- E-Mail James Davey
- E-Mail Daniel Thomas
- E-Mail Stephen Atkinson
- Amy Cantrill / Emma Gage
- Tel: +44 (0)161 236 1352
- E-Mail Amy Cantrill
- E-Mail Emma Gage
- Liam Buckley
- Tel: +44 (0)161 236 1352
- E-Mail Liam Buckley